Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WiP Wednesday: Quick and Easy

I've been all about the quick and easy quilts lately. They are mostly for my Etsy shop and to take to craft fairs later in the year. Since Friday I finished up one and made really good progress on another. I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

I'm doing another Jelly Roll Jam quilt with High Street fabric. I love how the last one turned out and since I had the other half of the jelly roll left over I figured, why not? These colors are so bright and cheery!

The finish came from this honey bun. I've never tried one of these before and the strips at 1.5" were so tiny! When I cut my 2.5" binding it looked huge in comparison.

I went super basic with this quilt and just sewed the strips together in a random-ish order. It worked out pretty well but had a little bit of bowing. Not terrible, but it's there. It went from roll to basted in less than 24 hours. I like that!

Here it is all bound and in the snow. I like the white background the snow provides for my photos but I am really ready for it to go away at this point. It was -4 this morning and I was numb trying to take this picture.

So the honey buns are a bit too skinny and I don't think I'll try them again. It cuts off a lot of the cuteness of the print. It's like the little animals are playing peek-a-boo all over the quilt.

I picked aqua for the backing and the binding. I just love this color lately!!

I did a zigzag stitch every four rows and then did some more zigzags on the binding. I just love the look and sturdiness of the zigzags. This is one of my 2014 first quarter FAL goals (goal post here). Hurray for another off the list!
Well, that's it for this week. My machine had a little malfunction with the timing and I had to take it in on Monday but they only had it for five hours and were able to fix it and get it back to me the same day. It was so nice and helpful for my productivity. This week I need to do my quilt along assignment and I hope to finish that quilt top into a quit. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I like the finished quilt. Great colours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie your quilt looks lovely! I love when a quilt comes together so quickly! I'm glad you got your machine repaired so quickly!! :)

    Would love for you to stop by and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!