Thursday, January 29, 2015

Family Tree ZigZag Quilt Finish

I'm so happy I finished something this week. It seems to be the crazy week of "start all the things!" I got fabric for six different projects this week alone and have already cut into three of them. Five of the six need to be done by the end of February so it's been a bit crazy around here. This zigzag quilt is #3 on my Q1FAL list!

Here it is in all its glory. I had fun with this fabric - Family Tree for Moda. It was an interesting color palate and fun prints that I wouldn't usually reach for. I paired it with Kona white. It ended up 36" square.

I just love this angle when photographing quilts. It's what it would look like as I gaze down upon it while snuggling and it makes me happy. You can also see the quilting really well here. I did two lines about 1/4" away from the seam/each other.

I always bind in a zigzag stitch in coordinating thread. I love the look and feel but I especially love how sturdy it makes them. This thread was so the perfect color that you're hard pressed to find it in the picture.

Someone I started following on Instagram took a few quilt photos like this and I thought it was a fun way to show off the back, binding, and front all at the same time. The back and binding are both from the Chirp Chirp line for Moda and coordinate really well.
I have no idea where this one is going to end up. Originally it was intended for my Etsy shop but (in spite of being crazily under priced) quilts aren't selling well. However, my crocheted hats are doing quite nicely so that's something to be thankful for. Anyway, I'm linking up with my favorite places on Friday... TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely work, I am very impressed with you plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun quilt! I love the bright colours against the white. Very nice little finish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm.. teal and dark orange and brown... my head is spinning with the possibilities! great colours, great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's is such a fun quilt! I love how bright it is, and the orange is such a perfect binding. Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of this one, so me

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I love the back as much as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great quilt! I felt the same way about this collection- not mu usual colors, but I thoroughly enjoyed looking at it every day while I made my own Family Tree quilt. Great idea about using a zig zag stitch on the binding- I might have to try that some time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very cute! I wasn't familiar with that line either...it looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!