Friday, June 12, 2015

Road 15 Pillows and Elephant Hat

I marked some great things off my list this week. I finished up my Road 15 pillows which are on my Q2FAL list and also the knit elephant hat that I've been working on. I also started my AMH mini which I know I am going to love. Let's start with the pillows.

Here they are! I used the Candy Dish pattern from Jaybird Quilts with the Hex N More ruler. The fabric is Road 15 by Sweetwater for Moda with Kona Snow for the background. How's that for source citing! ;)

I originally had these pillows planned for my couch but after I finished the quilt that was to match I wasn't as in love with it as I hoped I'd be. Enter my mom who needed fun, bright, and modern pillows for her basement couches that included deep red. Winner winner chicken dinner! She even has a thing for houses so this is perfect. Also, enter Father's Day for my step-dad as the perfect gifting opportunity. Don't worry he'll love them too and gets really excited when I make them things.

I love this text-ish grid print and used it, in various colorways, on the back of all three pillows.

I finished the pillows before dinner and then jumped right into cutting my Anna Maria Horner swap mini. Excuse the dark picture. I haven't touched it since this other than to mark the lines on the back of the squares. I hope to make great progress this week.

I did finish the elephant hat though! This is the Tembo pattern but a little altered. I removed the big elephant because I wasn't feeling it. I love it like this though. I will have to make more of these. This one is being sent off on another swap adventure.

Just for kicks I gathered up all the things I have knit thus far for a fun photo. I started mid-October 2014 and have been fairly obsessed with it ever since. It wasn't a whole hour after the elephant was done before I was itching to start another project, which I have.
Thanks for stopping by! It's been a fun week. I'm linking up with my favorite stops at TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

5 comments:

  1. I love elephants and that hat is fantastic! Very well made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillows and that hat is awesome. Another great week for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pillows are just fantastic.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pillow so much, Julie! Way to go on the knitting, too. I didn't notice the elephants until you pointed them out. LOVE! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cushions are lovely!!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!