Friday, June 26, 2015

Library Bag, AMH Mini, and Pouches

I was so close to a few finishes last week which makes for a big finish this week. I finished up my library tote bag, my Anna Maria Horner mini swap quilt, and two pouches. The AMH mini was my ALYoF goal for June and I'm so happy with it. But first, the library bag, take a look...

I finished our library bag and have already put it to good use at the library. It was so helpful! You can find the pattern for this here on Craftsy. It is a bit smaller than I expected but holds books nicely as long as they are mostly picture books or small chapter books. For the letters there is a paper piecing option as well as an applique option.

The kids all chose fabrics from my stash for the books and the letters making this another fabulous stash project.

I didn't love anything I had for the lining so I grabbed this from my LQS. Isn't this print fun! Totally worth the splurge especially how the rest of the bag was all stash.

I also finished up this mini for the AMH swap. I'm so happy with how it turned out! This is the Raindrops pattern from the Fat Quarter Style book. I just took five blocks from the pattern and it was the perfect mini size.

I was worried it would be a little plain so I jazzed it up with some great quilting. I did spiraling straight lines on the drops and then pebbles in the background. I'm so happy with the results!

When making the geese for the mini I sewed another line 1/2" away from the first. I always do this and have many tiny HST lying around. These were pretty good size and the second geese for the center of the drop blocks made these cool castoffs so I created a pouch out of them.

The sides are different due to the scrapy nature of the project. It's a nice little pouch and a great size for the extras I included in her package.

I also whipped up this pouch for a swap partner. This is for the Animal in You Swap and my partner likes white tigers. It's AMAZING how difficult it is to find white tigers for any craft. There are a few orange tiger things around but they are mostly geared toward babies so I couldn't even change the colors. I was so excited when I remembered this print from Cotton and Steel and made a large size Open Wide Pouch for her.
My last project for the week was cleanup. I should have taken a before picture but image things piled so high I couldn't see surface or fit a fat quarter on my cutting mat. I'm about to start quilting a twin-size quilt for my little man and needed the space. I hope I can keep it like this for a while because it's so much nicer!
That's me for this week! Thanks for stopping by! I hope I have a Fancy Fox quilt to show you next week but we'll see how it goes. I find I'm having less time to craft with the kids home this year. I keep wanting to play with them instead. I love that my productivity is taking a hit for such a great reason! I'm linking up with the June ALYoF party, TGIFF, and Finish It Up Friday.

8 comments:

  1. What pretty projects!! I'm loving the paper pieced words but haven't tried it out yet. The mini is fabulous -- beautiful fabric choices and quilting! And I adore the small pouch!!!! My comments don't usually carry through so just in case, here's my email and blog address: sunshineintheattic@yahoo.com and sunshineintheattic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that library bag! Nice finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super bag - that lining is ideal! Great pouches too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mini! Your book bag is great as well and is fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bunch of fabulous finishes again this week Julie! I really love your mini and that pouch with the HSTs is awesome! I hope to see snippets of the fox quilt on IG this week... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag is just darling! In fact all your finishes are great. Congrats on that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun projects - The little mini is really neat - kind of has a 3D effect

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Many great finishes! It is hard to pick my favorite. But....I think the Library bag is the one! Thank you for lynking up with me for TIGFF!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!