Friday, May 27, 2016

100th Quilt! Patchwork Swoon Finish

I'm excited to share my 100th quilt finish!! You can see them all in one place on my Quilts/Tops page. That's counting all quilts baby size or larger, pillows and minis have a different count. I have had so much fun making these and can't believe how far I've come! I think this one really shows off my skills, especially in the quilting department. It is also on my Q2FAL list.

Here it is! Quilt #100!! I can't believe I'm already at 100 quilts. I have been quilting since I was about 14 but have really been quite prolific the last six years. Before that it was maybe one quilt a year. I used a Horizon jelly roll by Kate Spain for Moda that I got for Christmas 2014. I used more Horizon yardage for the front back and binding as well as some Kona solids.

I am SUPER proud of the quilting on this one. I had tried this paisley motif on several minis but enlarged it for this quilt. It felt a little risky because I'd never tried it on this scale before but it turned out so well! Even the back looks fabulous! I think I'm getting the hang of this free motion quilting thing.

I love this angle on the quilt. It's from a corner so not how you usually see it. I'm so happy with my corners on this one and really think I broke out all my skills making this quilt.

For the backing and binding I went a little unexpected with purple. There is some purple in this line and I thought it was such a fun pop that I wanted to carry it over. I just love a pop of color or something unexpected on bindings! You can also see my cute little tag from yardage by Sweetwater for Moda.

Quilt Stats:
Pattern - Patchwork Swoon by Camille of Thimble Blossoms
Fabric - Horizon by Kate Spain for Moda and a couple of Kona solids
Thread - Pieced and quilted Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - medium scale paisley motif by me on my domestic Juki
Size - Large Lap 72" square
Stash Report - Patchwork pieces came from a stash jelly roll, as well as the center star and all the white. Otherwise new for this special project.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing this milestone with me! I'm already well on my way with my next quilts and have at least 100 more on my wishlist. Until then I'll be linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish. The quilt looks beautiful. Its great to have a fmq finish you just love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic job - it is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really beautiful Julie! And your quilting is gorgeous! What an amazing 100th quilt. Great finish and an awesome milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love "super sized" block quilts and the quilting is great.
    Now I am wishing I kept track of how many quilts I have made. I don't think I have hit 100 yet. I need to sew more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is amazing and what a lovely finish! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on such a great milestone of 100 quilts!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!