Friday, May 13, 2016

Farm Girl Vintage Finish - Red Border

I finished my second quilt using my Farm Girl Vintage blocks. I love this one so much! I used all my favorites and the color scheme is more me than the green one. This quilt is #11 on my Q2 FAL list.

Here is the whole quilt! I had my two oldest children hold up this quilt because there is something about a straight on shot that really shows off a quilt.

I picked my favorite blocks for this quilt and made a few more so it could be a little bigger. I love the primary colors with many 1930s prints for this one. The border is my favorite!! It is the extra wide backing from Vintage Picnic by Bonnie and Camille.

This has got to be my favorite of all the blocks. The cherries and the fabrics are so fun!

Here's a close up with the border and binding. I used the same fabric for the back, border, and binding. It was 108" wide and I got all of this from one 2 1/4 yard piece, it was amazing! I did 2" cross hatching with this one and love the simplicity here.

One more shot that included the tag. It has been a while since I finished this one, as you can see by the tag, but I was so on the ball with so many other projects I had to wait to share. I was grateful for the time I had to catch up on a few other things.
Quilt Stats:
Pattern - County Fair Quilt Setting from Farm Girl Vintage
Fabric - Various 1930's reproduction prints as well Vintage Picnic by Bonnie and Camille for Moda
Thread - Pieced and quilted Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - 2" cross hatching by me on my domestic Juki
Size - Large Lap 67" by 82"
Stash Report - Blocks, setting squares, and background fabric all stash. Otherwise new for this special project.

Thanks for stopping by! It's been a busy week and I'm on top of things with one more finish to share next week. I'll be linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

10 comments:

  1. There is not a dull block in the entire quilt. The cherries are indeed cute but I also love the bird. The seeds in the pear are just perfect!!!
    Preeti.
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love that red check border and the whole quilt is wonderful and thanks for showing the label too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute finish! I love the pears! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That teakettle! And the bird--love the skinny bird legs. Every block is adorable and it's impossible not to love the whole quilt. The quilting is perfect and really lets the quilt shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's quite lovely! You did a great job. I esp. like the simple quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish, this is so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute quilt! Thanks for participating in the 2016 FAL on behalf of the global hosts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!