Friday, May 6, 2016

Farm Girl Vintage Finish - Green Border

I had a lovely collection of Farm Girl Vintage blocks that were languishing in my WiP pile for a long time. I rediscovered them when we moved just over a month ago and made them into two quilts. I'm sharing the first one today. This is a surprise quilt to be delivered on our trip this Summer. To help me be motivated for a finish I added this one as #12 on my Q2 FAL list.

I am so happy with how this quilt turned out! I love this wide green border. This layout can be found near the back of the Farm Girl Vintage book. I used a green border to try and make it seem less pastel and girly.

I love the texture from the large meandering quilting. This is my daughter's favorite and she may have influenced this decision heavily but I love it. As always I quilted it with Aurifil 50wt. I love how you can see the texture but the piecing remains the focus.

I think this is my favorite block on the whole quilt so I had to do a closeup. My lumpy grass is totally making it look like I can't sew a straight seam but I love it anyway. You can also see the setting squares and the border print I used well here. I sure do love that green print!

So I had to pick up the border, binding, and backing for this quilt as I didn't have enough of anything to match on hand. Apparently I wasn't feeling very creative or I just loved this line because the front and back are the same, just a different colorway, and the binding is also from that line. These are all Bread 'N Butter by American Jane for Moda.
Quilt Stats:
Pattern - County Fair Quilt Setting from Farm Girl Vintage
Fabric - Various 1930's reproduction prints as well as Bread 'N Butter by American Jane for Moda
Thread - Pieced and quilted Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - Meander by me on my domestic Juki
Size - Large Lap 60" by 74"
Stash Report - Blocks, setting squares, and background fabric all stash. Otherwise new for this special project.

Thanks for stopping by! It's been a busy week and I'm on top of things with one more finish to share next week. I'll be linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think the green border is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green border! Very cute finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet pattern with lovely fabrics. It looks like the kind of quilt that will just get better and better with use!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!