Friday, July 29, 2016

Penguin Pillow Finish

My brother recently reminded me of his love for penguins. Since I'll be staying in his house for several days just before his 35th birthday I decided to whip him up this adorable penguin pillow. This is #2 on my Q3 FAL list.

Here's the first one I finished. It was LOVE! I mean seriously?! Penguins are one of my favorite animals too and this pattern is so adorable! It is Penguin Parade by Sugaridoo.

All finished complete and adorable with the pillow inserted. I super love this one and I had so much fun going through my stash picking out the perfect blacks and low volumes I know my brother will love.

This fat quarter from Cotton + Steel's latest Black and White line made the perfect backing fabric. I also poked on a little tag.

Here it is again without the pillow insert. You can see all the penguins and prints better this way. Each penguin got a different belly, black, and orange print but they all shared the same background so they stood out well. This one is going to be hard to give up but it was relatively painless so I'll just have to make another one for myself.

A closeup of the penguins. I had fun quilting this one with my favorite paisley motif again in Aurifil 50wt. I love how it blends so well but adds such awesome texture that doesn't overwhelm.
Quilt Stats:
Pattern - Penguin Parade by Sugaridoo
Fabric - Mixed designers stash with a lot fabric by Cotton + Steel and Carolyn Friedlander.
Thread - Pieced and quilted Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - paisley on my domestic Juki.
Size - Pillow 17" square
Stash Report - Project is 100% stash!

That's me for the week. Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have another project ready to share next week too. I'm working on a few fun things I'm really excited about. Until then I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

9 comments:

  1. It is absolutely adorable Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a lovely pillow. Your brother will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so cute!! What a fabulous cushion 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a penguin collector and really have pretty much seen it all and have gotten tired of them but this pattern and your pillow is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super adorable pillow. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those penguins! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cushion, those penguins are fantastic! Congratulations on your finish, and thank you, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts, for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute!!!!! What a fun pillow!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!