Thursday, July 7, 2016

Scrappy Norway Quilt Finish

While not my usual style I am really happy with this one! It is a gift for a special someone and it is pretty spot on her style and perfect colors. It's funny because I had a Norway quilt on my FAL list but not this fabric so I'm not counting it and am excited to do this quilt again in different fabric for me.

Here it is, my scrappy Norway quilt. I bought the jelly roll I used here maybe four years ago and knew who it would be for but not what I would make with it. I'm so excited to have it be something now! The background fabric was also stash, it didn't match what I wanted it for - boo online shopping but hooray for stash!

I bought the backing and binding special for this project and am amazed it matches so well since the top was from a line so long ago by a different designer. 3Sister for Moda takes the win! You can also see the quilting here. I just did a simple serpentine stitch in gray to match the front. Easy, quick, and fun texture.

You can even see the fun stealth fighters in the bottom corner. My husband saw me piecing this one and he complimented me by saying, "I like the stealth fighters in the corner there. You're pretty talented to combine old lady fabric with modern aviation." HA! It cracked me up and it's all I see now.

Another pretty shot just because I can. I like how the quilting makes it all crinkly even before the wash. So much fun texture!
Quilt Stats:
Pattern - Norway by Thimble Blossoms
Fabric - Meadow by Blackbird Designs for Moda - backing and binding by 3Sisters for Moda.
Thread - Pieced and quilted Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - serpentine lines on my domestic Juki
Size - Jumbo Lap 78" square.
Stash Report - Top is 100% stash!

That's me for the week. Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have another one to share next week as I have a top ready to go but we'll see how it goes. Until then I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday.


4 comments:

  1. Nice! This is an awesome finish Julie! And congrats on everything coming from your stash! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool pattern. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is neat. I have been wanting to use a jelly roll with this pattern. Did you only need one jelly roll?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!