Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Year in Review

I'm so excited about this post as I have so much awesomeness to share!! I have broken down all of my finishes from the year into categories and made mosaics for your viewing pleasure. ;) I am just amazed at how much I finished. Figuring it out I completed something - from a small simple pouch to a quilt - about every two days!! However, I finished one more thing after I made my mosaics so it will be listed separately. Also, I finished all twelve months of goals for ALYoF! Hurray for productivity!!

First my ALYoF Goals. I finished all twelve months and they are in order here. You can see all the finish and goal posts here. I'm sad to here that ALYoF is going away but I sure love what it has done for my productivity the last few years.

Speaking of productivity I finished up this mini last night!! This is #9 on my Q4 FAL list. It didn't make it into the mini mosaic below. I tried doing free motion paisley quilting again and I love it! I think I'm really getting the hang of it now.

Here are the rest of my minis and pillows for the year. Counting the one above there are 21 minis I finished this year. Seven of them were for swaps and the others were gifts or for our home.

I finished nine quilts this year including the whole-cloth Knuffle Bunny quilt I made this month for my daughter. I tried some new quilting motifs with many of these and love how I'm branching out this year.

I helped each of my three oldest kids make themselves a quilt this year too! They pieced them together and I quilted and bound them. We all feel so proud of our accomplishments here and it's probably my favorite group of finishes.

I made 42 bags and pouches this year!! Crazy! A few of these were fairly simple but many were more complex. That's a lot of zippers!

I fell in love with the Fancy Sailor Top this year and that led to more confidence in garment sewing. I made seven sailor tops and eleven pieces all together.

These random little projects were hard to classify so they got a category all their own. There are 22 projects here from pillow cases to pin cushions and stroller makeovers. I got out of my comfort zone here too trying new things all over the place like 3D sewing and rope bowls.

I also advanced like crazy in my knitting skills. Since learning to knit in October 2014 I have been driving to learn and grow. I completed 19 knitting projects this year and taught myself how to cable and do color work including some pretty fun fair isle hats. I found a quick and easy favorite in the Cowl and made 10 this year for gifts.

Since I have an Etsy Shop where I sell crochet hats it's not surprise I have a lot of finishes here. I don't think this is all of them but it is all I could find pictures of. There are 37 projects here from tiny newborn hats to adult hats and even a crochet blanket. The crab hat is my most popular by far.

That's my year! Wow! I feel crazy productive! 29 of these projects were made mostly if not all from my stash. That's 164 projects completed in all! That's a project finished every 2.23 days. Thanks for being a part of it and I look forward to another awesome and productive year! Thanks for stopping by and keeping up with me!

8 comments:

  1. I love recap posts and I'm so glad I found your blog (via WIP Wednesdays on Freshly Pieced). I'm very impressed by your number - I was pretty blown away by my own this morning but I've got nothing on you! (8 quilts, 8 mini-quilts, 57 assorted craft things, and 1 quilt project with each of my two oldest kids - 75 in all!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an impressive number of finished projects Julie! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and wow, just wow, that is a lot of impressive finishes! Wonderful that your children each pieced a top - those quilts will mean a lot, forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! WOW!!!! You finished so much!! Love all of your projects!! What a productive year!! It's awesome that you did so much with the kiddos too!! You are an inspiration! Love your blog and I am so happy I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMPRESSIVE!!!! I would love to hear your tips on managing your stash as well as your time. Your finishes are all lovely. Congrats on a super productive year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a year! 42 bags! And I love the garment sewing. I need to make something for me to wear (instead of just the kiddos). And yay for your kids sewing! So much beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am amazed with all your finishes! Congrats on all those finishes!
    I hope you will check out my new Linkup: One Monthly Goal!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!