Friday, January 15, 2016

Thimble Blossoms Mini Sampler

I finished my Thimble Blossoms mini sampler quilt this week. I'm so happy with how it turned out. I had a lot of fun making this one even with the tiny pieces involved. This project is #1 on my Q1FAL list and also my OMG for January. I expected it to take me longer but I knocked it out pretty quickly in my excitement.

Here it is! I love it! The design credit for the sampler goes to Chrissy from Sew Lux. She figured out how to combine all the mini patterns from Thimble Blossoms. I just used her idea and put this one together. Although, I didn't have the Dilly Dally mini pattern on hand so I faked it - making it a bit too big on accident.

I did the paisley motif free-motion quilting again. I love this! I may be an addict now. It looks so fancy but is quite hard to mess up. These flowers are probably my favorite part of this mini and I may need a large quilt from them.

Here's another shot with the quilting. I use Aurifil 50wt for all my quilting and piecing. It's just easier for me to only need one weight on hand. I also like how it shows off the design, not the thread.

Another thing I love about this quilt is that it is 100% stash! I've been trying to focus on using what I have this quarter instead of buying something new. It is going so well so far! I had to cover up the name of my partner just in case. This is for the Thimble Blossoms Mini Quilt Swap from Instagram. I hope she loves it as much as I do!
 Thanks for stopping by! I had so much fun making this one and I'm already on to the next thing! I nearly have my I Heart You! quilt top done and I'm over halfway through my cable hat. I hope to be able to show off at least one of those next week. Until then I'm linking up over at Finish It Up Friday.

8 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Julie. I love the fabrics you chose for it and the quilting is great! Your partner will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet finish Julie! I use a lot of 50wt too, great for texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! From the C+S prints (I'm a sucker for C+S)to the fab quilting (jealous of your skills!), it's a stunner. If you're working at using your stash this year, perhaps you'd consider joining up with The Year of The Stash over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute quilt. And all from your stash - always a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mini, so cute and great choice of fabrics. Love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!