Friday, January 29, 2016

Tula Pink Mini Finish

I had the hardest time deciding what to do for my rainbow mini swap. I got a jelly roll of Tula Pink True Colors on a really great sale and I figured I could use that. When it came down to it they were too small for many of the patterns I liked. So I went with simple and let the fabric speak for itself. This project is #2 on my Q1 FAL.

Here's what I started with. So many possibilities!

Here's what I ended up with. I really like it but I'm almost constantly worried that it's not fancy enough. Some of the people in the swaps are going way over the top with intense piecing. My partner really liked Tula Pink and I didn't have any so I was limited by my budget and stash.

I had a lot of fun with the quilting on this one. Spirals are always a cool look and I really think it pairs well with the plus pattern.

The back looks so neat with the quilting and the cool movement in the print.

I know I say it every time but I love the zigzag stitch on the binding. It adds fun texture as well as security. Plus, I can't hand sew a binding to save my life.

That's me for the week. Thanks for stopping by! I've made great progress on my Primrose quilt done in Miss Kate and may have a top to show next week. Also, I'm working hard on a amigurumi donkey that should be done quickly. Until then, I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

6 comments:

  1. I love the quilting on this quilt. So beautiful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and great finish ...don't worry about what others do..it is all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! I love the spiral quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Julie! I just love a quilted spiral! Your partner will love it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA! What a wonderful way to show off those fabrics! Love the combination with your quilting, too. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!