Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tetris Quilt-A-Long - Week 1

I adore Tetris so when I heard Melissa at Happy Quilting mentioned she was going to do a Tetris Quilt-A-Long I knew I had to be a part of it.  After a fun charm swap (that Melissa also put together) I had everything I needed.  Today she posted the instructions for the first block and I whipped it up this morning.  Here's how it all came together:

First she had us print out a plain grid on a regular piece of paper...

Then she gave us the pieces we were to use, and their color, in order.  We all had the same pieces to work with we just had to pick where to put them.  The yellow square in the bottom left was the first piece.  I was rocking it up until the red one at the top.  It's my old Tetris competitiveness coming out.  We used to have tournaments when I was a kid with my four siblings and parents.  It was a blast!

Then we had to pick our fabric to match the chart and lay it all out.  I was worried with the two yellows together but I think these are different enough that you can tell they are different pieces.

Here's the completed first block!!  I love it!  I can't wait to make more and see it all come together!

I'm linking up with the Tetris Quilt-A-Long - Week 1 post over at Happy Quilting.  I'm also linking up at Plum and June for the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop Week 9.  There some fabulous advice on voice as well as a $40 giveaway!

Weekly Calendar:

July 17

    Katie from Kati's Quilting
    Claire from Sewing over Pins
    Caroline from Quilting in the Cold

July 19
    Jamie from Sweet Baby Jamie
    Janine from Rainbow Hare Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Great job Julie!! I agree, the yellow's are different enough to still stand out :) Speedy you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good!
    I adored Tetris as a teen. I would totally rock the high scores until my mom would decide that it "wasn't any fun anymore" and erase the high scores and start over. She was just jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "played" block! Neither my daughter or myself could fit the final orange square, so we definitely lost to you! :D Does that make your competitive nature feel better? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!