Monday, July 2, 2012

June Recap

 Lynne from Lily's Quilts hosts the Fresh Sewing Day and the Small Blog Meet.  I participated in both last month and loved all the diversity of people I found on there and the people that found me.  I gained 6 followers (for a total of 15 now!) and I have seen that many have come from these links.  Part of the Fresh Sewing Day we're supposed to recap what we did the previous month so here's the highlights...

I crocheted this dress for my friend's ten month-old baby.  It was so fun and fancy I loved watching it grow as I worked on it.  See the original post here.

I finished my disappearing nine patch quilt using A Walk in the Woods by Aneela Hoey for Moda.  I love how it turned out and I need to get on taking a long arm quilting class so I can quilt it myself.  Maybe next month.  Here's the finish post.

I've been hard at work crocheting hats for my local NICU for preemies and newborns.  They are so fun and fast!  I've made twenty so far these are just a few of them.  You can read more about that here and see some closeups of the cute ones.

I finished the last nine blocks to catch up with everyone else and complete the Skill Builder Sampler.  See the finish post here.  We worked on three blocks a month for a year to put this together.  My friend Leila over at Sewn by Leila hosted it and did a fabulous job writing tutorials and keeping everyone motivated.  I learned so much!

On the last day of June I tried my hand at Free-motion quilting.  I did pretty well but had a laughable experience trying to do it without the right foot.  To read about it and see what I learned go to this post.
In July I hope to practice some more FMQ with my new foot that should come in the mail any day now.  I hope to finish the quilt I started yesterday and take a long arm quilting class.  I'm starting in on the Mario QAL and the Tetris QAL soon and can't wait to work along with those.  Also some more crochets baby hats. Anything else would be a bonus.

In an effort to motivate me I'm doing the One Thing, One Week Challenge put on by Amy from Amy's Creative Side.  With a giveaway for those who completed their goal it's the perfect way to get motivated.  I said I wanted to finish the 28 pinwheel blocks for my mom’s quilt. I started it last night and can’t wait to move onto the sewing step.

I'm linking up with Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day and Small Blog Meet.  Click the buttons to see other fun bloggers like me and thanks for stopping by!

Lily's QuiltsLily's Quilts

2 comments:

  1. The little corochet dress is precious! I am sure your friend loved it for her little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the disappearing nine patch and the little crochet hats! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!