Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tetris Quilt-A-Long - Week 3

 I just adore the Tetris Quilt-A-Long!!  I'm so happy that Melissa from Happy Quilting decided to create and host this one.  I've been having so much fun and it's so fast and stress free!  When I woke up this morning I had to get going on my Tetris block.  It took a bit longer than I wanted it too because of frequent brakes to do things like feed my children (needy little buggers, lol).  But now it's done and I love it!

Here's the layout.  I was so excited with this one because I was making them fit like a dream.  I thought the last red one in the middle went the other way at first and that I was going to use all the shapes and not have any white spots.  Well, no such luck.  It did work out pretty well though and I'm going to have two squares of red to carry over to next week.

Here's the block for week 3.  I've got a curvy/circles thing going on this week.  Almost all the blocks contain circles except the green one on the top but it's pretty curvy so I think it works.  It was fun to have a sort of theme to the block this week.

Here are my three blocks laid out together.  I opted to put week three on the bottom again and I'm going to put week four on top of that.  I plan on saving weeks 5 & 6 for the top just in case I run out of colored fabrics I'll put white on the top and it will look like spaces ready to be filled in like a real Tetris game.  See the post from Week One and Week Two for how those came together.
That's for stopping by!  Be sure to check out other great blocks like mine on the flickr group or at this weeks post from Happy Quilting.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea to leave a little space on the top for white blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same layout of the three blocks. I really like that blue T piece on the right. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!