Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tetris Finish!!

 I finished my Tetris quilt last night including hand quilting and binding.  I'm so happy I finished in time.  The day of the parade for this is Tuesday.  When I started doing the hand quilting with cotton perle I wasn't aware or didn't remember that I only had two weeks to get it done.  I panicked and basically ate, slept, and quilted.  It was insane but I finished with four days to spare.  I love how it turned out in the end but I'm so frustrated that I can't seem to get a picture of it.  I'm tried editing and several different light versions and nothing.  Oh well, I know it looks good, right?

This is my second quilt with red binding and I'm in love.  I'm considering making this a habit whenever possible.  I love the contrast of the red on the gray.

Here's the finished quilt out for an evening on the grass.  I tried to have my hubby hold it up while I took its picture but even though he's 6'6" he's just too short.  That doesn't happen very often so I had to take advantage of the grass.

Here's the best picture of the quilting I could manage.    I wanted the quilting to stand out but not be crazy in your face.  I picked a dark gray that was one shade off black thinking it would be good but it totally blends in.  I wonder if black would have been bold enough either.  I outlined each of the Tetris shapes.  The blank squares I went around each side.

Here's a closeup of the front side of the quilt.  You can sort of see the quilting or a hint of the quilting around each shape.
I just loved making the quilt following the Tetris Quilt-A-Long.  You can see previous posts on this quilt for the different blocks and the quilting progress here.  You can see other people's work on the flickr group.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! You flew through the hand quilting on that. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!