Friday, April 22, 2016

The Boat House Baby Quilt Finish

I'm excited to share this baby quilt finish with you today! This one was super fun and very fast. It is on my Q2 FAL list as #14.

Isn't it cute?! I used the Moda Love quilt pattern - the charm pack version. The fabric is The Boat House by Sweetwater for Moda.

I had so much fun with the quilting for this one. I did straight lines pivoting on the diagonal. I love the texture and movement it makes in the quilt - especially how it all points to the center.

Here's another shot of the quilting and my fun binding fabric. I will definitely have to use this quilting idea again.

Here you can see a shot of the back along with the binding and the front. This flag print is so fun for the back! It's interesting without being overwhelming. As this was a pretty specific commission quilt none of this fabric was stash. It was fun to buy a few new things and play with a line I've been eyeing for a while for this sweet baby boy.
Quilt Stats:
Pattern - Moda Love Quilt - charm pack version.
Fabric - The Boat House by Sweetwater for Moda
Thread - Pieced and quilted Aurifil 50wt 2021
Quilting - Straight lines by me on my domestic Juki
Size - Baby - 32" square
Stash Report - Background fabric, thread, and batting were stash. Everything else was new for this project.

That's me for the week. Thanks for stopping by! I have another project nearly ready to share for next week so be sure to hop on back. For now I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

7 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Thank you so much, I can't wait to give it to them. Debbie will be so happy and her daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic quilt, and those straight quilting lines are perfect! This is the second Sweetwater line I've seen today, and I am loving their fabrics more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job with the quilt and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh super cool! I have some charm packs in my stash that would be great for this...am pinning it to my to-do list right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! You're right - the quilting is really effective! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite collections... LOVE what you've done with it:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!