Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dog Bone Quilt

 I made this dog bone quilt back in 2009 and I think it was one of my top three at the time.  I was given the red dog fabric to work with and I created around it.  It was for one of my brother's babies and they really like the simple quilts.  I decided it needed a bit of a fun boarder to jazz it up and I came up with using bones.  I found the bone pattern in my "Big Book of Quick Rotary Cutter Quilts" and I had to modify them a bit.  It was on a dinosaur quilt and thus the bones were much larger.  After a bit of math and a little shrinkage they were ready to go.  I made them blue because the bones in the fabric are blue, I'm not crazy.


Here's a closeup shot of one of the bones.  They were so fun to make and I'm really proud of how this quilted turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!