Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Round Stripe Crochet Afghans

 I wanted to make some new crochet blankets for each of my kids.  I took them to the store and let each of them pick out two colors of yarn to make the blanket.  Each kid picked perfect colors to fit their personalities and I love how they turned out.  I did a basic increase while crocheting in the round.  More about that at the bottom.





Here's a great link with pictures showing how to crochet in the round.  I used a half double crochet stitch and switched colors every five rows.  In the end each of these are about four feet across the perfect size for my kids ages 18 months to 6 years to snuggle with and have room to grow.


1 comment:

  1. I am amazed by all the wonderful things you have made! Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!