Thursday, November 17, 2011

Owl Peter/Paul Quilt

 I finished the owl quilt that I'd been planning for months the night of the 10th but it was too dark to get a decent picture and the flash was totally distorting everything so I had to take them the next morning before I shipped it off to my sister.  It's a rob Peter to pay Paul design cut very very quickly with my Accuquilt. The curves took a little getting used to but by about the 12th square of 48 I was doing really well.  The owl fabric is directional and I painstakingly made sure every piece was facing the proper direction.  It was worth the effort looking at it now and seeing how beautiful it is.

Here's the full view shot of the owl quilt. I love it! I was worried that the pink would be too overpowering but I think it works.

Here's a close up of the fabric and the pattern that I used for the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!