Monday, October 31, 2011

Chicken Quilt

My mom remarried in 2008 and I wanted to make them a quilt to celebrate.  They kept chickens together so this chicken quilt seemed like the perfect choice.  It was designed to be a picnic blanket but a few simple tweaks and it was a perfect quilt.  It came from a book called "Big Book of Quick Rotary Cutter Quilts" and it looks like this...

This book is full of really fun ideas.  The only draw back is they make so many little tiny pieces that are kind of hard to keep track of especially with little helping hands.

The finished Chicken quilt turned out so well!  I used little chicken fabric for the back and in stead of quilting I sewed on buttons through all the layers.  It's a fun and easy way to tie a quilt and add a fun texture element at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!