Monday, October 31, 2011

Golfing Alligator Irish Chain Quilt

My brother and his wife where having their second baby.  I always make a quilt for my nieces and nephews so I asked him what he had in mind.  They told me a fabric they loved and let me have complete freedom to create with it.  I was so excited.  There were so many patterns I wanted to try.  They picked the golfing alligator fabric.  It's flannel which was more difficult but nothing I couldn't handle at this point.  I wanted something that looked quilt-like but still showed off the fabric.  I ended up with and Irish chain.


I love how it turned out.  You can see enough of their fabric choice but it looks quilty at the same time.  Irish chains are so fast too I've used that same pattern several times and love it every time.  There are two different blocks that you make and alternate them.  This quilt has 20 blocks.  To make the chain you just sew some strips together in different patterns.  Then you cut them to make strips of squares which you sew together to make a big x.  I love how fast it is and how simple it is to make everything line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!