Thursday, October 27, 2011

Patriotic Christmas Hexagons

I was so excited to try hexagons!  The fabric was really fun too.  It has patriotic Santas, reindeer, and the like.  This was before the days of accuquilt and I had to cut this bad boys out with a rotary cutter and a plastic template.  It wasn't as hard as it sounds.  I layered them five high then four fast cuts per hexagon.  I then sewed the rows together horizontally.  The zigzag stitch sewing them all together wasn't as bad as you might think either.  The whole quilt came together really quickly with no major problems.  Hexagons are on my list for a repeat but I think I may do smaller ones with a sort of flower arrangement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!