Thursday, October 27, 2011

Irish Chain with Applique

This was my first attempt at an Irish chain quilt.  It's really not as hard as it looks.  You start by cutting strips then sewing those strips into various patterns.  Cut those down to make a row of little squares then sew the rows together to make a block.  Ta da!  Irish chain.  Once again I got hung up on the boarder trying to make the boarder fit like it was cut instead of cutting to fit.  This was back in 2004 and I've learned so much in the seven years since.  Hopefully I keep learning too.  I love the applique in the middle of the Irish chain.  I think it adds a bit of playfulness that makes it work better as a baby quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!