Thursday, October 27, 2011

Purple Square Weave Quilt

I was quite ambitious with this quilt and decided to design my own pattern.  It was only the fifth quilt I ever made.  It was back in 2002 for my sister's baby girl.  My sister loved the animal print and really wanted me to use it in the quilt.  The only problem was it was made of knit.  If you've ever sewn with knit you know it can be a huge pain with the stretching and such.  Quilting with knit is nearly impossible.  There are a few spots where it really doesn't line up but all things considered I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  It was fun to design one myself and I caught the bug for many projects to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!