Thursday, October 27, 2011

Red, Green, and Cream Quilt

I LOVE this quilt!  It was difficult with all the little tiny pieces but totally worth the effort.  The red and green looked so great contrasting together and I love the tiny eight point stars.  There were no major flaws and it's fun to look at.  Now seven years later, I have some regrets.  I wasn't as precise as I could have been with my seem allowances and ever the years the use and wear has caused some of them to come undone.  The binding has also come loose and it needs a general mend.  Maybe that happens to all well loved quilts or maybe I cut corners in my inexperience.  Now I'm a serious perfectionist with the seam allowances and I pull on each seem I create to make sure it's secure and can withstand a lot of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!