Thursday, October 27, 2011

Holly Applique Quilt - Pin It

In 2004 I made five Christmas quilts in one year.  The concept of this one was fabulous and I love the fabric but it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to.  Lesson learned... place all the pieces before you iron on any applique.  Then pin them into place where possible so you don't forget.  I had this all evenly and perfectly spaced.  It looked beautiful but then it came to ironing them on.  I obviously couldn't fit the whole quilt on my iron and instead of pinning them I just figured I could judge where they should go.  I looked fine up close but the far away picture you can tell how they aren't even.  It's still pretty and a great quilt but I wish I had taken the extra time to pin.


2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in a quilt magazine from back in 2004. I really don't even remember which one. It's packed someone in the garage or I would look it up. Wish I could be more help!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!