Monday, October 31, 2011

Clothing Quilt

My sister-in-law's son died suddenly and she wanted a quilt made from his clothes to remember him by.  She wanted a little wall hanging and nothing too fancy.  I had a really hard time coming up with what to do and finally decided on using the clothes to make clothes.  The tree truck, clothes pole, shirts, and rock as well as the backing were all made from his clothes.  I wish I would have spread the leaves out more and let some more sky show through but it is what it is.  The rock has his name and birth and death date on it.  The sun is a medal that they received because he was an organ donor and it was fun to include in the quilt.  The clothes pins are actually little tiny clothes pins and I love how they add to the quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!